LET'S TALK ABOUT... MARRIAGE

 LET’S TALK ABOUT… MARRIAGE


Last week we talked about dating, something that I really liked were two things, 

KNOW and TIME

We talked about the three T’s, 

Togetherness (shared experiences)

Talk (mutual self-disclosure)

Time (quality time)

I think that these things are very important in dating because marriage is a very important decision that I will make someday and I want to make sure I make the right decision. 


I really liked this from class. The more we are with someone the more we get attached. Just because you are getting attached does not mean that they are a good marriage partner. 

Dating is hard!! Going on planned activities is important rather than just hanging out. 


We talked a lot about trusting in the Lord and His timing. Something else that I really liked from that was the way that we pray for things. Praying with a “should I’ not a “can I” and “is it Thy will” Praying and asking God is something that is really important to me. I know that when I pray and ask God specific questions that He will answer them and lead me in a way that I need to go. I know that asking in faith and being confident in what I pray for will help me. That personal revelation is something that I have to have on my own, I love that my friends and family are involved and that they care and love me but I know that I need to get my own answers from my Heavenly Father. He knows me the best and has a perfect plan for me. He would not make me go through something that He knows I can’t handle. Jesus Christ will never leave us comfortless. He is always there, I know that He loves us.


Marriage takes work, you expect so much or maybe even too much when you get married, it takes work. Dating and getting to know someone before you’re married is so important. Those important conversations like, where you’re going to live, a budget and things like that are very important to have before you’re married. Engagement is a time to get ready for marriage. Everything is not fixed right after you get married or sealed, you have to work through it. Success and failure is common in marriage. 


“Make it easy for them to want to be yours”. I think in a relationship, especially a marriage it is important to put more effort in the relationship and the person rather than the school and career. Don’t get me wrong I think that a career and school or gaining an education is super important. But it’s also important to gain a relationship with someone and to have that time with them and to be able to make time for them. 


Throughout my dating life (Haha it’s been a joke I feel like) I feel like I have had a hard time trusting people. I commit way too fast and think that I know everything about them. I move way too fast in a relationship and then I scare the person away because I have committed too fast and have not had time to get to know them or even get a chance to trust them. 


There are challenges that come when you are married and it’s hard to adjust. I think that adjusting in marriage is something that is hard but something that can be worked through. 

Here are some examples for challenges within a month of marriage and within a year of marriage that we brainstormed in class.


CHALLENGES WITHIN A MONTH

  • Sleeping

  • Setting up a house/home

  • Name change

  • Merging cultures

  • Learning to live with someone 

  • School

  • Family systems


CHALLENGES WITHIN A YEAR

  • Kids

  • Debt

  • School

  • Arguing 

  • Family support

  • Bad habits 


This week's blog was hard for me to write, but I am very grateful for the things I learned in class. I know that with the Lord’s help we can get through anything and that bad relationships can help us realize the good ones in our lives.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET'S TALK ABOUT... COMMUNICATION

LET'S TALK ABOUT... FAMILY STRESS

LET'S TALK ABOUT... MINDSET