LET’S TALK ABOUT… FATHERHOOD AND FINANCES

 LET’S TALK ABOUT… FATHERHOOD AND FINANCES 


When I think about fatherhood I think of my dad and the great example he is to me. My dad would do anything for me and has taught me so much. I really look up to him and love him a lot. Someone else I think about when I think of fatherhood is my Heavenly Father. My Father in Heaven is someone I can always go to no matter what is going on, I know He loves me with unconditional love. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for me. To take upon my sins, my heartache, my hurting, all of it so that I could repent and live with Him again. That love is indescribable. 

Fathers have an important role in our lives. There are many statistics that show how important fathers are in your life. President Thomas S. Monson said, "We do live in turbulent times. Often the future is unknown; therefore, it behooves us to prepare for uncertainties. Statistics reveal that at some time, for a variety of reasons, you may find yourself in the role of financial provider. I urge you to pursue your education and learn marketable skills so that, should such a situation arise, you are prepared to provide." I like that quote a lot because it teaches simple truths that education is important and that fathers and husbands are to provide in homes. Like in The Family a Proclamation to the World it says, “By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families.” This teaches us that a fathers role in a family is to preside over the family and provide and protect. I love that, it gives me comfort in knowing that one day I will have a family and that my husband will be able to protect me. 

Fathers have stability and a different role. Mothers tend to turn inward when holding and caring for a child, and fathers tend to hold the child outward. Have you ever noticed that? Next time you are out in public look for that and you will see that it happens more often than not. Think about the history of the world and work, we all worked together, work was not a separate thing until World War 2 we women went to work. It is crazy to see the studies that show us how lots of mothers are now working, Both mothers and fathers are now working in the home, the money that they think they are making is not being made because of the financial matters that they need to take care of like, daycare, sports, extracurricular activities and much more. It is not as effective for a mother to be working, there is too much money that goes into them being away. 

Something that I liked a lot from class is that we talked about financial things and how people are buying things that are not needful. It is nice to have cool stuff but is it really needful in the long run? Elder Marvin J. Ashton gave a talk called, One for the Money, he said, “How important are money management and finances in marriage and family affairs? Tremendously. The American Bar Association recently indicated that 89 percent of all divorces could be traced to quarrels and accusations over money. Others have estimated that 75 percent of all divorces result from clashes over finances. Some professional counselors indicated that four out of five families are strapped with serious money problems.” Marriage and finances are important. I liked this quote because of the simplicity that it has and how it can teach me that I do not need to focus on those things of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET'S TALK ABOUT... COMMUNICATION

LET'S TALK ABOUT... FAMILY STRESS

LET'S TALK ABOUT... MINDSET